Influenza Immunization Program
Risk Management Services coordinates free influenza immunizations (flu vaccine) for UBC students, faculty and staff each November.
Clinics will be held in a variety of locations during November and early December, in partnership with hosting departments/units.
Vaccinations can be reserved by registering for a clinic on our website. Clinic dates/times/locations will be publicized and available for registration in October.
The influenza virus can cause serious illness and even death in people with certain chronic health conditions. The influenza vaccine is the best protection against influenza illness and its complications.
Influenza, or the flu, is a highly contagious and infectious respiratory disease.
- Get your annual flu shot
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Cough and sneeze into your arm, not your hand
- If you get sick, stay home until your symptoms are gone
- Keep common surface areas clean and disinfected
Visit these websites for more information:
Risk Management Services would like to recognize assistance from the following units:
- Faculty of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Student Health Services
- Workplace Health Services