Influenza Immunization Program
Risk Management Services coordinates free influenza immunizations (flu vaccine) for UBC students, faculty and staff every year in November.
Please note: The 2012/13 clinics are now finished.
Clinics are held in a variety of locations across campus, in partnership with hosting departments/units.
"The flu is not always a harmless illness. It can cause serious health risks, including death. A person with influenza is also at risk of other infections," says Vancouver Coastal Health. "Your best defense is to get your flu shot."
Interested in hosting a clinic? Learn more.
- Get the flu shot
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Keep an alcohol-based hand sanitizer handy
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue out. Cough into your upper sleeve if a tissue isn't available
- Stay home when you're sick. People are most infectious in the first few days of illness
- Keep common surfaces and items clean
Risk Management Services would like to recognize assistance from the following units:
- Faculty of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Student Health Services
- Health Promotion Programs
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Blossom Sobrinho at 604.822.5874 or email@example.com.