Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
The material safety data sheet [MSDS] supplements the safety information that labels provide. It is a technical bulletin which provides detailed hazard, precautionary and emergency information on a product.
For up-to-date Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), click on the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety databases listed below. These sites are only accessible to the UBC community.
- CCOHS MSDS Search (MSDS submitted by suppliers)
- CHEMPendium (safety information on specific chemicals in several databases)
- CISDOC (international bibliographic database on health effects of chemicals available through the UN's International Labour Organization)
- MSDS Online (Interactive Learning Paradigms Inc.)
- PRAXAIR (MSDS for compressed gases)
- Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Database