Virtual Green Lab Tour
To provide education and guidance on how research scientists can reduce the environmental footprint of their endeavors, a VIRTUAL GREEN LAB has been created.
You are invited to move through the easily navigated virtual space and by clicking on the icons you can learn about the numerous alternative materials, equipment and processes that significantly reduce the environmental impact of laboratory science in both research and teaching.
- The experience is best engaged in full screen mode - simply click the 'Fullscreen' button in the bottom right corner of the tour window, or right click on the virtual tour and select full screen.
- In case you get lost there is a map in the top right hand corner when the tour is viewed in full screen, you can move from one area to another by clicking on the points on the map.
- Use the scrollwheel on your mouse to zoom in and out.
- You will find information icons that provide specific info on green alternatives.
- Come back and visit often, as the content will continue to evolve.
Consider how your research team might implement as many of these options as possible and weave the concepts of sustainable research into your grant proposals and experimental protocols. You may be eligible for financial support to reduce the environmental impact of your research facilities.
We'd like to hear from you! Please contact us with any comments, ideas or questions about the virtual tour:
Manager, Environmental Services